Event Phone: 704-234-7014
- 2021 June (Spring) Session-Coronal Polishing for the DA2
June 19, 2021
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
This course is a single day session on SATURDAY that satisfies the North Carolina State Board of Dental Examiners requirements for a DA2 to perform supervised coronal polishing in NC. Placement of dental sealants is also reviewed. This course is taught by a practicing dental hygienist, as is required by the Board. Please wear scrubs (any color is fine). Everything else will be provided, including a prophy handpiece to borrow and all PPE.
>>>*THE STUDENT WILL BE EMAILED A DAY OR SO BEFORE THE CLASS TO SET UP A MOODLE PORTAL IN ORDER TO UPLOAD PROOF OF DA2 STATUS.*<<<
IMPORTANT: This proof of eligibility is necessary in order to receive a certificate at the end of the course. Acceptable proof is:
- A DA2 certificate from an accredited institution OR
- A CDA certificate from another state OR
- A DANB (Dental Assisting National Board) certificate OR
- A letter from a dentist on office letterhead stating that you are working as a DA2 and have at least 3,000 hours of dental assisting experience (this is about 2 years, full-time) within the last 5 years
We offer this course approximately every 3 months.