Event Phone: 704-234-7014
2021 June - Coronal Polishing for the DA2
June 19, 2021
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
This course satisfies the North Carolina State Board of Dental Examiners requirements for a DA2 to perform supervised coronal polishing in NC. Placement of dental sealants is also reviewed. This course is taught by a practicing dental hygienist. Please wear scrubs (any color is fine). Everything else will be provided, including a prophy handpiece to borrow and all PPE.
DURATION: Single Session 8am to 5pm
4 Clock Hours Didactic Instruction
4 Clock Hours Clinical Instruction
PREREQUISITES: You must be recognized as a DAII in North Carolina.
*You are not considered enrolled in the course unless full payment is received.
* You will need to upload proof of eligibility of your dental assisting 2 status in order to complete the class and receive a certificate.
Acceptable proof of your experience is:
- A DA2 certificate from an accredited institution OR
- A CDA certificate from another state OR
- A DANB (Dental Assisting National Board) certificate OR
- A letter from a dentist on office letterhead stating that you are working as a DA2 and have at least 3,000 hours of dental assisting experience (this is about 2 years, full-time) within the last 5 years
An email will be sent out once the course opens. This email will have instructions on how to set up your student account in the online classroom. Further instructions on how to upload your proof of eligibility as well as links to your examinations will be inside.